Sharpeners and Blade Fabricators
Tradesman Edge: Belt-Belt-Felt
The Tradesman Edge comes complete with dual belt sanding attachments, felt wheel and two work rests.
- DC variable speed motor and control
- Whisper Drive with Torque Compensation
- Swing belts independently horizontally or vertically
- Platens are machined flat to within .001″
- The platens have rads all around
Why the Tradesman Grinder?
TRADESMAN EDGE TRIPLE MOUNT
BELT BELT FELT ~~ ROUGH FINISH HONE ONE MACHINE
- DC motor Geared Belt Drive is super powerful
- The Edge is smooth, Quiet and Powerful from 50 to 2000 RPM
- PulseWidth Modulated DC Drive Geared Belt reduction
- High Torque – at 50 to 3000 surface feet for fine finishing of precision edges
- Built by machinists in Canada and the US using quality parts and practices you can trust
- Tradesman Edge Comes 2×36 2×48 4 x 48 inch belt
- Infinitely Variable speed reversing
- Perfect for the Samurai Edge
This Belt Sharpener is different.
Designed for Bladesmiths
This machine is one of a kind.
What makes the edge so quiet?
The Platens are machined flat to within.001 flat, The platens have Rads all around, The platen corners are radiused, The platens have an open belt area, The belt frame has been reduced in size to improve the approach so the blade can be sharpened right to the bolster/ handle.
The Motor is shaft is isolated from the main shaft with a geared timing belt, the main shaft is 1 inch diameter uses the same large single row ball we use in our Largest tool grinder. Yes we can stand a coin on edge on top of the machine at any speed range (the Tradesman Loonie test) Smooth is the name of the game
Tool / Work/ hand rests (Large and Comfortable) can be positioned almost anywhere on the belt,
front or back or on the base. Open side panel threaded holes for scissor fixturing.
Configuration Choices twin 2 x 48 ,Twin 4 x 48 ,Twin 2 x 36, 2 X 48 ,4x 48 combo or Belt Belt felt
Belts can be vertical or horizontal, moved with no tools required, one belt up one belt down forward or backward,
The Motor and Motor Drive are silent, at 100 surface feet, direction, edge into the belt 600 grit belt you can ber on the blade so it sits flat on the platen without fear of damaging the knife
TOTAL CONTROL NO HEAT, NO RISK, LITTLE BURR
Toycen DC whisper drive Speed range from 150 to 3000 surface feet
Any Position either belt, Reversing, Quiet, Unstoppable Geared Belt Drive, available in various speed ranges
The most powerful material remover on the planet. Using Cuttermasters’ precision plated wheels, and with a range of 400 – 4000 rpm, you can grind anything from plastics to carbide without wheel load up or glazing. Patent Pending
- Our grinding wheels have flat surfaces, sharp corners and there is virtually no dust or dressing just a good finish every time.
- Our patented DC motor grinding system allows you to remove material without generating excessive heat.
- The smooth flat surfaces and crisp corners allow you to sharpen tools (like reamers and end mill ends) without risking a finger in the process.
- Precision plated wheels on powerful DC motors are here to stay.
Unparalleled value. The Tradesman is hand-built in small runs in North America by the engineers who designed it. Toycen Industries, a small Canadian company, sources the best materials and engineering to bring you the superior bench top grinder. The ultra quiet DC Motor is manufactured in North America, as is the minimalist and rugged, aluminum and steel chassis. Buying a Tradesman DC Bench Grinder provides unparalleled value because you’re buying from the same small company who designed it and built it. Give us a call any time.